Welcome to the web site of the Historic Stearns Cemetery.
Stearns Cemetery was created in 1857 and is operated by the non-profit Wagner Creek Cemetery Association. As of June 1, 2011, the cemetery has been officially proclaimed an “Historic Cemetery.”
In August of 1889 W.J. Dean, along with Welborn Beeson and trustees John Abbott and Ern Purves, laid out the Stearns Cemetery on a hillside west of Talent. The cemetery was created in 1857 when Judge Avery P. Stearns was buried near “Uncle David Stearn’s wheat field.”
The cemetery is still active today.